Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week is April 24-28, 2017!
Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week was created by the National Afterschool Association as a time to recognize and appreciate those who work with youth during out-of-school hours. Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week is a joint effort including community partners, afterschool programs, youth and child care workers, families and individuals. The week is marked by celebrations and public relations efforts to encourage people to thank afterschool professionals who make a difference in the lives of young people in their communities.
Join CASE for Kids in Celebrating the HEART of Afterschool!
We encourage students, school day staff, program supervisors, and parents to use “Celebrating the Heart of Afterschool” theme to make each day of the week special. The ideas below are designed to highlight and celebrate the adults that devote their time and talent to providing quality, engaging afterschool activities for children.
H is for Health - MONDAY
- Provide a heart healthy snack for instructors.
- Invite staff to participate in a dance or fitness class.
E is for Encouragement – TUESDAY
- Ask students to write thank you notes to their instructors.
A is for Artful Appreciation – WEDNESDAY
- Ask students to draw a picture of a favorite afterschool activity.
- Give staff a set of colorful pens or markers.
R is for Recognition – THURSDAY
- Ask parents to send a note or email of appreciation to your outstanding afterschool staff.
- Send an email to school leaders, supporters or donors about your outstanding staff.
T is for Tweet – FRIDAY
- Tweet photo of your staff using #makingafterschoolcool to tell CASE for Kids how your program is “Celebrating the Heart of Afterschool.”
For other ideas to help celebrate afterschool professionals, click here.